SALES AND MARKETING INTERN WITH THE LONDON LIGHTNING
The Sales and Marketing Intern will play an active role in the development of the London Lightning’s branding and game day experience. The intern will help to ensure sponsors, season ticket holders and fans have an enjoyable game experience.
Interns will learn how to co-ordinate events, reach communities, season ticket holders and prospective sponsors. Interns will also learn how to promote events or programs through various marketing practices.
Interns will report to the Marketing Manager and Director of Public Relations. Interns will assist the Marketing Manager and the Director of Public Relations with daily duties, including but not limited to:
- Interns will be responsible for several steps in the process of selling, promoting and executing London Lightning programs. This includes outbound telephone marketing, building and organizing files to support the sales team and sales presentations. The internship may also include possible travel to schools, churches or community clubs to promote London Lightning offerings.
- The internship will require interns to take the initiative to address Guest issues and discovering where improvement in penetrating the market can be made
- Regularly observe the online activity of model sports and entertainment organizations
- Complete other tasks as assigned
- Assist with the promotion and implementation of all Group Sales prior to and during the 2016/17 season
- Participation in creative brainstorming sessions
- Research target markets using department CRM system creative promotional materials and events promotions
- Responsible for lead generation to support ongoing sales efforts
- Enter leads into spreadsheets and email
- Experience the handling of Group Sales customer seat selection, processing of orders and ticket delivery
- Event day assistance with Group Sales Programs including dinner packages, pre-parties, meet and greet opportunities, pre-game events and more
- Manage Group Sales statistics
- Partnering and working with internal departments within the London Lightning and Budweiser Gardens to execute a successful game day experience
- Ordering, maintaining, loading/unloading of on-site game day materials
- Preparations for game day operations including, but not limited to the development of scripting for upcoming games, accommodation of corporate sponsors and corporate sponsor relations, account management and relationship building
- Operating different aspects of the game day experience. Interns will have an opportunity to work with on-court promotions, concourse promotions through sponsors and community partners, merchandise and London Lightning promotions
- Creative self-starter who is comfortable both taking initiative and working as a team
- Detail oriented with strong written and verbal communications
- Experience in Microsoft and Adobe software a bonus
- Access to a personal laptop
- Available for all London Lightning home games
This is a part-time, unpaid internship. The organization will cover travel and work related expenses.
Candidates should maintain a positive attitude, handle high-pressure situations, exhibit a strong work ethic and enjoy working with a wide range of personalities. Most importantly, the candidate should be flexible and willing to take on multiple tasks in a start-up environment. This internship will benefit someone who is interested in marketing, public relations, community relations, event management and communications.
To apply, please send your resume to
Marketing Manager & Director of Game Day Operations
London Lightning Basketball Team
Public Relations & Director of Marketing
London Lightning Basketball Team